I’ve been tagged by Kathy at
so I’m supposed to do the following six things:
1. Link to the person who tagged you. (above)
2. Post the rules on your blog. (that’s this list)
3. Write six random things about yourself. (below)
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them. (below)
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog. (will do)
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up. (ok)
Six random things about me:
1. I’ve always loved Golden Retrievers but never owned one (several friends have had them and they are such joyful, sweet dogs).
2. In grade school I dragged my family up the long (for little kids anyway), hot switch-back trail to the top of Mt Lassen because I wanted to see the top of a volcano; turned out the trail at Bumpass Hell was much more interesting with all the bubbling mud pots, though the sulfur smell was overwhelming.
3. In high school I loved the book series All Creatures Great And Small but knew I wasn’t cut out to be a vet (I’m a bit too squeamish); one of my best friends in high school always wanted to be a vet and did just that after going to Cornell, and I admired her for it.
4. Even though I was a science major, one of my most enjoyable classes as an undergrad was an art history class where we were treated to insightful slide-show lectures (with superb photos) by a Prof who was as talented a speaker as an art historian.
5. I married very young several months after the end of my senior year at Stanford, but we divorced about 11 years later; we remained friends and occasionally keep in touch via email.
6. My Dad is a retired architect and designed the cottage I live in; it was a treat to get to work on the plans with him (well, he did the work and I gave input).
and here are my tags (just five but that’s not bad):
Karin at http://savvythinker.com/
Ayala at http://ayalasmellyblog.blogspot.com/
Alex at http://www.musiciendesodeurs.com